pondělí 23. února 2015

We live Game of Thrones

Belfast and Northern Ireland are home of Game of Thrones series. Game of Thrones is the most popular and succesfull fantasy series ever made. There is lots of places throughout Northern Ireland, which creates the beautiful and specific sceneries of the series like Cushendun Caves, Murlough Bay, Ballintoy Harbour, Larrybane, Antrim plateau, Castle Ward, Inch Abbey and Downhill Strand (Yes, there's really lots of them).
Transitions of Castle Ward into Winterfell
Cushendun caves

I already wrote about importance of Titanic studios, where the series is shot right next to the Titanic Museum in Belfast. It was used to store parts of Titanic before actually building the ship. Now it is officialy named Paint Hall Studios and it brings to life on screen one of the best fantasy book series ever written.
Life here is life in the land of Game of Thrones. Not only because of the nature, but also because of how people here talk. My french friend describes it like "strong Stark accent".  Most of the locals also use the tough "Ay!" instead of saying simple "Yes." And you won't believe me, but Tyrion is living close to university! Or at least he has been seen :-P.
Tyrion Lannister waiting for a death sentence
I was thinking what possibly could be a motto of the day today. And so many wise words came to my mind. So I will do something different. I listed some of my favorite quotes from Game of Thrones I find cool or useful for life. Here you go. And brace yourselves!

Mottos of the day:

Winter is coming. Brace yourselves.

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.

The great thing about reading is that it broadens your life.

The North remembers.

A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep.

You are grown so very great now, yet the higher a man climbs the farther he has to fall.

There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today.”

Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength, then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it and it can never be used to hurt you.

Tears aren't a woman's only weapon.

Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man.

The singers make much of kings who die valiantly in battle, but your life is worth more than a song.

Even the truest knight cannot protect a king against himself.

In the game of thrones, even the humblest pieces can have wills of their own. Sometimes they refuse to make the moves you've planned for them.

Why ask for truth when you close your ears to it?

There are no heroes...in life, the monsters win.

Oh, ‘monster.’ Perhaps you should speak to me more softly then. Monsters are dangerous and, just now, kings are dying like flies.

All men must die.

- I have done things I am not proud of, things that brought shame onto my house and my father's name.. But to kill your own sire? How could any man do that?
- Give me a crossbow and pull down your breeches, and I'll show you. Gladly.
- You think this is a jape?
- I think life is a jape. Yours, mine, everyone's.

Swift as a deer. Quiet as a shadow. Fear cuts deeper than swords. Quick as a snake. Calm as still water.

Love is the death of duty.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat