čtvrtek 7. května 2015

Accommodation Adventure - part 3: Belfast City Council

Your favourite series is back! :-P
I was thinking whether I should continue writing about this topic or not because I got a little reminder that Q Flats, the company which is handling the houses in so clean way and they are also very nice to you when some problem occurs and obviously doesn't stick to many moral rules, so these guys, are reading my blog! Cheers, buddies ;).
The main point of my effort was all the time based on a simple law - every deposit taken according to a tenancy have to be protected in governmental scheme for deposit protection. Never mind the contract haven't been signed. When it's deposit, it's deposit.
When I was talking with my landlord, we agreed that if they have new tenant, I can get part of my deposit back. So I waited and then I asked how is it going and also whether they can at least send me information about protecting my deposit within the governmental scheme, because that's what they were supposed to do. Since then I received after few of mine reminders, that they won't send me my deposit back and that they "are sure that [they] are doing the right things". Surprisingly they didn't say anything about the deposit scheme information. And I was really interested in what is possibly a reason not to send few numbers if everything is alright. After all, they didn't have any reason not to protect my deposit.
Also I started to be annoyed with my landlord because in his email he was still reminding me to double-check the contract we signed. And I need to admit, it feels kind of funny and kind of frustrating to talk to a man, who even doesn't know that you didn't sign any contract together yet. And he still doesn't know even when you tell him many times. I started to think he has really some kind of delusion problems, also considering what he told me when I was meeting him at the green mold house.
So I wrote nice email to Belfast City Council, asking them to check if my deposit was protected or not. And guess what! They replied to me! They replied to me that they contacted my landlord and he told them my money was payed as a reservation fee and because I never started to live in a house, it never turned into a deposit. So it is not their concern anymore. This I consider quite an interesting philosophical question actually. How money, which were payed as deposit and always talked about as deposit, are suddenly not a deposit? If you know the answer, just let me know :D. Also I find interesting that one call and lame explanation is enough for them. So I asked the council for their philosophical ideology, which depicts this complex reservation/deposit issue.

And I waited...

I waited...

I waited...

...

Motto of the day: Deposit is not deposit. If deposit would be deposit, it would mean deposit is deposit. But deposit is not deposit, therefore it can't be handled as deposit. If anything should be handled as deposit, it would have to be deposit. But deposit is not deposit, therefore it is not handled as deposit. So "we will not give you back your deposit".

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat