středa 29. dubna 2015

Concert for BBC

I am starting to feel ashamed how long it takes me to write something. So even though I have prepared 2 posts from Easter break in Germany, I will share with you a short story from yesterday concert of University Chamber Choir.

As you maybe recall, I was really missing my university choir here so I joined Queen's University Chamber Choir. And yesterday there was finally our concert in St. Nicolas church on Lisburn Road. And at noon before the concert we received an email:

Dear All

Please find attached the programme for this evening’s Spring Concert.
Remember there is a rehearsal at 5.30pm this evening at St Nicholas’.
Concert Dress: Plain Black shirt/blouse; skirt/trousers, shoes (no boots please).
BBC Radio Ulster have agreed to come along and record the concert this evening with a view to putting out some of it in one of the Sing Out series over the next few weeks.

Kindest regards
Audrey

Ooookey. I will be on BBC radio :D.
The concert was lovely. I like the songs we sing because they are very lively and the approach of our director is also refreshing. So I sang at the concert with choir old sacral music, spirituals and even a traditional song in Irish language. It was great fun even though I still wasn't much confident about the songs. But our director is so amazing, that he shouts at us things like "Move a bit!" or "Believe in yourself!" and that's just great in comparison with our choir director from my university, who shouts more like "Solve it yourself!" or "Stop vomiting into the music sheets and start singing!" When I hear something like "Believe in yourself", it makes me feel more cocky than humble, but the results are huge when you listen to the new atmosphere of the song. And it has great impact on your voice quality.

I am really interested in whether on BBC Radio Ulster will be whole concert with all the speeches because that would mean UK will hear about German girl Birte and Czech girl Pavlina who sing with QUB choir and that would be cool :D. I would be personally on air in another form.
The university choir in my university city Brno is now taking part in an opera in the National Theatre so I was a bit sad I can't be with them to have such opportunity too. But I got new opportunities and even tried really different approach of leading a choir. I also have seen another university approach to choir singing. And that's not bad.

So if you want to hear this university choir, Birte's great solo on recorder or men's part of the choir (they are actually very good) singing Barbershop blues, you are welcome to turn on the radio in 2 weeks Sunday (hopefully 10th May) at half four (16:30) on BBC Radio Ulster. 

Motto of the day: When you miss something home, believe that you will gain amazing experience elsewhere too. I will be on fockn' BBC :D.

Irish song we sang - Siúil A Rúin

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat