úterý 14. července 2015

From One Home to Another

I am back in the Czech Republic! For a month now :D. It is important to note that I experienced really busy times when I came back. Concerts with choir and my beloved vocal group Illegato, meeting friends, family, visiting Berlin on my way back... And I put my blog aside for that time.
Before I came back to the Czech Republic, lot of people asked me if I am looking forward to go back home. When I came to the Czech Republic, people often asked me how is it to be back home. I didn't experience any big emotions moving from one country to another. I was in Belfast, I experienced what was meant to and the time to go back home came too.
I have to admit I was looking forward to many things. My friends, Czech bread and food, Czech hills and forests. And then I missed the Irish music and pubs and believe it or not the weather. Because in Czech Republic it was so hot I actually needed some rain. Nevertheless I appreciated I could take off my soft shell jacket after half a year. Everything has 2 sides, even coming back from Erasmus. And from some point it was also very hard to be home. I changed, my friends changed and sometimes gaps between us were created. Well, we need to fill them in again.
The questions about going back home or being there were interesting to me. As I was discussing with my friend Boris, we found our home in Belfast. I lived there, I had friends there, I felt good and I had my routine, studied, wrote essays... And I had my place, where I felt like home in my dorms. So I ended up thinking about home. Where is it? What does it mean? I went home to the Czech Republic. To the place where I was born, to my university. I was home even with my boyfriend in Berlin. Because home is where your heart is. And I found out I don't restrict my heart to one place. Every place is a home, just slightly different. I have many homes now, each of them very different.
When I had been still in my university in the Czech Republic, we were discussing home with my classmates. It is common now that young people are living equally in more places. With parents, with girl/boyfriend, in their university city... And some of my classmates even mentioned that they don't feel home at any of these places. With parents not any more and with boyfriend or flatmates not yet.
So I would like to end with my definition of home which I found in me. Except the fact my home will be a large house with a large garden and at least one tower, I also think home is where your heart is, where you feel you belong to, where you feel good and safe, where you feel you know the place, where you are part of the place and you are also creator of the place. That's the nice thing. I think you can create your home.

So goodbye Belfast, I came there to a new place, I am leaving it as my home to go to another one.

Thank you guys, it was brilliant!
Motto of the day: Home is where your heart is.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat